Any person, who is not a British Citizen or a citizen of one the European Economic Area (EEA) Countries, needs an entry clearance before he travels to the UK. To apply for a visa to the UK, applicants need to submit their Tier 4 Student Visa application to the Visa Facilitation Services (VFS) Centre nearest to them.
VFS staff accept the applications at each centre and all applications are then immediately forwarded to any one of the 4 visa ofices of the British High Commission in India.
VFS are responsible only for accepting applications and providing advice and guidance where necessary. All visa applications are assessed by Visa Officers at the British High Commission.
Tier 4 Point Based System (Student Visa)
From 31 March 2009, any applicant who wishes to study in the UK has to apply under Tier 4 category of the point based system. This new point based system was introduced to control migration more effectively, tackle abuse and identify most talented workers along with making transparent route for studying in the UK. The new system places more emphasis upon the responsibility of the educational body in question for the applicants they permit to study.
As a Tier 4 student visa, you must qualify for 40 points in point assessment. You can score:
- 30 points for a valid confirmation of acceptance for studies, from an approved education provider (also known as a 'Tier 4 sponsor'), and for having acceptable course and English language skills; and
- 10 points for having enough money (also known as maintenance or funds) to cover your course fees and living costs.
In many cases the application is approved without the need for the applicant to attend an interview. In these cases, the applicant's passport, endorsed with the appropriate UK visa, will be returned to the application centre by courier, or sent to his contact address.
If a Visa Officer cannot make a decision on your application on the basis of the papers submitted, VFS will contact you to book an interview appointment.
Documents Required for Tier 4 Student Visa
- Fully filled and signed Application Form
- Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) from the University
- Letter of Offer from the university confirming that you have been accepted on a course of study in the UK
- Visa Application Fee
- Original Valid Passport
- Photocopy of Passport
- Passport size Photographs
- TB Report
- Academic documents
- IELTS / TOEFL Score Sheet
- Statement of Purpose
- Work-experience, if applicable from present and previous employers providing their contact details.
- Financial Documents
Please contact us at Take Off Educational Consultants personally for further assistance on the above and Visa Procedure.